Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So I was up until 2:30 last night watching the election on CNN before I finally decided to get to sleep. I guess I could have gone an hour or two earlier than that, becuase I know just as much this morning as I did at 2:30 since nothing changed. It looks like it's all going to come down to Montana and Virginia. I'm surprised about Montana, since that is usually such a conservative state, but as of now, democrat Joe Tester is in the lead. The very, very slim lead. Some of these races have been so close. I would imagine the republican candidates will ask for recounts. Seems as though the shoe will be on the other foot this election.

In Pennsylvania, I'm glad to see Rick Santorum lose his seat. Thats a blow to the republicans too, because he was prett high ranking in the senate. I like Bob Casey Jr, but I'm not sure what I think about his conservative views on social issues. I feel like he's a step in the right direction, just not as big a step as I would have liked to see taken.







Did anyone else notice that while talking to I think the head of the republican campaign, or head of the republican party, I'm not sure exactly who it was, but after he was done talking to I believe Anderson Cooper, and they switched over to Wolf Blitzer on to report on the election, you could still see the republican chairperson, whoever he was, angrily pull off his ear piece and drop it on the ground? I just thought that pretty well summed up the night for republicans.

I hoped the democrats would pick up a lot of seats in the house, but I thought they might get around 15, hopefully a few more and enough for the majority. I never thought they would pick up 28 seats, which is how many they've picked up as of now. I guess we'll have to wait awhile, possibly a few weeks, to find out what is going to happen in the Senate with Montana and Virginia. Lets hope they go blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home